News >> Browse Articles >> Law Enforcement News

Calling All Cars: A Little Girl Has a Request

Calling All Cars: A Little Girl Has a Request

Chris Cosgriff

January 13, 2011

Hello old PoliceLink friends!

This morning I received a message from a friend of mine, who I’ve known for 10 or more years. My friend, Lou Jordan, is very active in supporting both law enforcement and fire / rescue officers.

A few days ago Lou received a request from the family of an extremely ill little girl named Kelsey. From my understanding, Kelsey suffers from an inoperable form of cancer. One of Kelsey’s goals is to collect police patches from around the country.

Anyone who has been around the Internet for a while has seen this sort of request before. I don’t know Kelsey or her family personally, but I do know Lou Jordan and he’s 110% honest. He has personally spoken with Kelsey’s father, a former MMA fighter, who has confirmed these circumstances.

I would like to ask all of you to please consider finding one of your old patches and sending it to Kelsey. I’m sure you have one shoved in the back of a drawer or in the bottom of your locker collecting dust. Why not grab it and help put a smile on this beautiful little girl’s face.

I’ve already sent one of our ODMP patches to her, and I ask that you now send one of yours:

Kelsey Davis
c/o Jeffrey Davis
2107 Woodlawn Avenue
Middletown, Ohio 45044

If you’re not able to send a patch, at least say a little prayer.

Thanks, and be safe.

-Chris

cencom1

I sent a box of over 100 police patches back on January 19th. I am curious to find out if Kelsey recieved them. Could you let me know somehow Chris? Thanks. I'm trying to get more for her.

Madison, AL patch comin.

• Sexy_5-0_max50

mbruette910

Sending my patch from Selbyville Police, Delaware first thing in the morning when I get off work. Stay strong and my prayers are with you always.

• Image_max50

Book_Em_Mandie

She'll have a patch on the way from B.C.S.O. :o)

havs

Sending one from WAPD in Milw CO. Also some patches from my days riding with the Police Unity Tour, I think she'll like 'em!

• Badge_2__1__max50

bigbowden

Clinton PD patch will be on the way first thing Monday morning!

• Vpsomourningband_max50

DonnaLynn

My apologies to Kelsey, I sent the patch out addressed to Helsey (typo in the article).

• Scan0002_max50

Armorer1

I have sent you one from Virginia DOC God bless you and i hope you get one from every department in the U.S.

• 041711141420_max50

CAHPson

Patches on the way tomorrow from the California Highway Patrol!

dui43

Kelsey as soon as i get home i will find the spare that i have and send it your way wont be able to get out till monday but the patch will be out there soon. Orange County Sherrifs Office.

• Ralphie_max50

rafaelmorales

On the way from your family of THE N.Y.P.D.

• Img_0091_max50

Dutch101

Patches are on the way Kelsey.

• Marvin_max50

lajustice

Shoulder patch and a patch from my crime scene unit are on the way

• Cute_max50

sgtdemanda

I know she wants them from the US but I can send one from my little force here in Ontario Canada...hoping they can find a place in her collection.

My prayers are with Kelsey and her family. I cannot imagine the pain of this situation for her parents. Never stop praying for a miracle, little one. They happen all the time.

marquezjl30

A patch from Winslow Police Department in Arizona will be on the way. Area made famous by the Eagles song. You and your family are in our prayers, keep your head high.....

Gods_team_max30
IowaNinersFan gave a thumbs down to The Article "Registered sex offender known as 'Candyman' accus...", less than a minute ago.
Gods_team_max30
IowaNinersFan commented on: "Registered sex offender known as 'Candyman' accus...", less than a minute ago.
Gods_team_max30
IowaNinersFan submitted the article: "Hartford woman charged with prostitution", 3 minutes ago.
Gods_team_max30
IowaNinersFan gave a thumbs down to The Article "East Granby man accused of having sex with 15-year-old in...", 5 minutes ago.