News >> Browse Articles >> Off Beat

Carted Off: NY Police Hunt for Stolen Wiener Stand

Associated Press

October 08, 2010

ORANGEBURG, N.Y. — Police in a suburb northwest of New York City are searching for a stolen hot dog stand. Owner Fred Martucci told the Journal News that he’s devastated over the loss of “Fred’s Franks.” He used the 10-foot-long, 7-foot-wide stainless steel trailer to support his family in Orangeburg for more than a year.

Orangetown Police Detective Sgt. George Garrecht said the hot dog heist happened on the evening of Sept. 30.

Three men pulled into a parking lot, cut the trailer’s locks and cables, hitched it to their pickup truck and drove north on Route 303.

Police have viewed surveillance footage. But they have a limited description of the suspects and vehicle, because it happened on a rainy night.

Information from: The Journal News, http://www.thejournalnews.com

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

• Images_max160_sq90_max50

t1401hm

That was great Robocop

• Images_max160_sq90_max50

t1401hm

LOL Jinks

• Sfa_iv_max50

revCCBeasley

WHY?

• Photo_user_banned_big

Jinks

officer officer! someone stole my weiner its 10 feet long and 7 feet wide! its on a trailer with locks an cables! please help

• Police_link_badge_max50

HEYSARGE

Maybe someone just wanted to change the friggen water......................

• Snoopy_6_max50

Jonas

Robocop33 LMAO!!!!! Hope the man gets his wiener back.

• Pug_max600_max50

DALLASCRANE

19386 Comments

There are 10 hot dog stands for sale on EBAY up to $15,000.00. I hope its insured. Sad way to lose your livelihood. Too bad he didn't have a GPS in the stand.

Good thing it wasn't a doughnut truck.....

• 1979_max50

Robocop33

Can you just hear the 911 call?
    . 911 can I help you?.
    ..Yeah, someone just stole my wiener..
    ..excuse me?.
    ..someone just stole my wieners and the trailer I used to haul them around on.
    ..you hauled your wiener around in a trailer!.
    ..yeah, it's 10' long and 7' wide..
    ..Your wiener!..
    ..no my trailer and it's not my wiener, it is my wieners.
    ..You have more than one!..
    ..Certainly and they are probably eating them right now!.
    ..Okay a$$hole, I'm sending a unit out there and he is going to kick your a$$, jerk (click).
    ...aw man!

Seriously, I hope they catch this guy and make him work for this businessman for free for a month as punishment.

• Th_detective_max50

Retleo

These Hotdog wagon guys work their butts off to make a living. I hope that Mr. Martucci gets his wagon back soon and that the thieves get to spend some time dealing with "Wieners" in prison!

• Img_1050_max50

Irishcop1961

Hope they get these POS and the hot dog truck is in good shape. What lazy low lifes.

• John_groh_max50

wiseass0282

Now that is just plain low. I hope it was insured and that they catch these jerks.

bluebrother

Hope the working man gets his stand back, hope the sleezebags get choked on thier own booty.

Harley-davidson-logo_max30
jto667 commented on: mkm007's photo: "MEXICAN LR", 8 minutes ago.
Img_1050_max30
Irishcop1961 commented on: "Shae", 28 minutes ago.
Img_1050_max30
Irishcop1961 gave a thumbs up to The Article "Springfield 'most wanted fugitive' arrested after...", 29 minutes ago.