A Busy Day: Dallas Police Chief Fires Five Officers In Unrelated Cases
Dallas Morning News via YellowBrix
September 17, 2010
DALLAS – It’s been a busy week for Dallas Police Chief David Brown. On Thursday afternoon, he fired five officers who range in experience from three to 15 years on the force. They are:
• Officer Dwight Govan , who was arrested on drunken driving charges Jan. 26, 2008. He was also involved in an off-duty disturbance in Addison that led to a police response and later lied to Internal Affairs investigators.
• Officer Keith Ashley, who was accused of inappropriate conduct with a woman in his patrol car Nov. 24 and numerous other policy violations.
• Officer Tayana McElrath, who is accused of numerous policy violations in March, including being absent without leave for three days, lying about being sick, lying to Internal Affairs investigators and conducting private business while off-duty and in uniform.
• Officer Daniel Babb, who is accused of shoving a man to the ground in an on-duty incident that led to criminal charges against him and lying about it in a report.
• Senior Cpl. David Aguilar , who was arrested by Plano police for drunken driving and failure to stop and render aid in August 2009.