News >> Browse Articles >> Law Enforcement News

NH Officer Found At Fault for Automotive Accident

Associated Press

August 30, 2010

MANCHESTER, N.H. — A New Hampshire police department says one of its officers was at fault for a minor crash that happened when the officer was headed to an emergency.

Manchester police say Officer Steven Flynn collided with a southbound motorist at about 10:30 p.m. Saturday while he was turning.

The New Hampshire Union Leader says the other motorist, whose name was not released, had the right of way.

No one was hurt and the cruiser received moderate damage.

The emergency Flynn was headed to was handled by other officers.

• Thinker_max50

darsavmo

And???

• Wtc-eagle3-b_max50

NYPDALT

It doesn't say whether the officer had lights and sirens on; could make big difference in the story. As usual though with the AP not enough info just trying to make the officer look wrong. Emergency vehicles have the right of way.

Right...? Makes you wonder why is this even here.
    Anyone that ever did work for any large jurisdiction will tell you about the daily fender-bender STATS...
    I'll rate it down, just for appearing here...!

• Blue_crop380w_max50

DocThomas

I'm sorry but why is this news? I was in a minor fender bender two years ago and I don't recall the Associated Press releasing an article on it....!

• Th_detective_max50

Retleo

And this is "NEWS"????? It was a "Minor" accident, is the Associated Press in the habit of reporting who was at fault in "Minor Accidents" across the nation? I think not. Once again, we have the main stream media taking a cheap shot at the LE Community. What a bunch of lowlife ratbags! Find some REAL NEWS to report for a change!

• Images_max160_sq90_max50

t1401hm

Not enough info.
    I've been on the nearly killed receiving end of a couple of incidences when a police officer is speeding into the intersection that I'm already driving through without lights and siren. It happens. I count my blessings and move on. No harm done and I'm sure they had a reason to do it.

• Untitledma28839986-0002_max50

Irishcop1961

Not enough info here. What happen to the Officers right of way when responding to a emergency?