Military Police Officer Dies During Training Exercise
May 14, 2010
WAIPAHU, HI – A civilian military police officer has died at the Marine Corps base in Kaneohe.
A statement from the Marines said 42-year-old Tauveve Vivao of Waipahu died yesterday morning after collapsing during a run on the base’s track.
Two Navy corpsmen administered aid and city paramedics took Vivao to Castle Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The Marines said Vivao was born in American Samoa and served 24 years in the U.S. Army. He was one of the first civilian officers to graduate from the base police academy in 2008.
Other Top News:
- Surprising Scene Awaited Cops Behind Closed Doors
- FBI, Police Raids in MA Community Were “Organized Confusion”
- Feds Make Deal to Improve Cook County Jail Conditions
- Missing Shooting Range Weapons Found
- NYPD Bomb Squad Investigates Potential Threat in Union Square