News >> Browse Articles >> Law Enforcement News

Sheriff Joe to Make Governor's Race Decision on Monday

Phoenix Times News via YellowBrix

April 30, 2010

MARICOPA COUNTY, AZ – Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said on Monday that he won’t make an announcement about any plans he may have to run for governor over the weekend because Vice President Joe Biden will be in Phoenix on Saturday and he “wouldn’t want to take the press away” from the VP.

This morning, Arpaio appeared on KTAR’s morning show and told John Hook that he plans to make his announcement on Monday.

If he were to run, Arpaio says he would not be running on a platform of immigration because the issue is not “the only part of [his] life.”

• Evgeni_nabokov_max50

skascooter007

2010 Comments

Got my vote

• Policelinkbadge_max160_max50_max50

Gombino

Go Sheriff Joe!

• Draped_badge_max50

184retired

Amen bad LT.....Someone on the radio said that actually Obama may have been a good thing because he woke this country up to all the political corruption going on...Lets just hope we survive the mess and can dig our way out...

• Robertmitchum_max50

bad_LT

Governor, hell run for President..... Carter brought us Reagan, will Obama bring us Arpaio...?

• 000000000000000aaaaaaaaaa_max50

Mrbdguard

Imagine that a politician with a set...HOO YAH

• Ready_set_go_max50

hnyangl

Go Sheriff Joe...we need more like him

Go Sheriff Joe! Hope he does it. Hope he tries for the Presidential seat next!

• Quickley-b240_max50

bill9823

PIInvestigator is gone and his comment has been removed

• Draped_badge_max50

184retired

For you out there, I can't print what was written in my email because it is crude. It doesn't bother me in the least the language he used, I can out gross 99% of the guys out there,,, I was a cop worked with it every day.. He did, however, blame 9/11 on the jews in a way that shows how much HATRED he has for them to the point that he is a nutcase...Come on PI come out from hiding I want to hear more...Don't refer me to a website tell me what YOU learned and then we will go from there...

• Pug_max600_max50

DALLASCRANE

19386 Comments

PI ? I never argue conspiracy theories with fools, they can always beat me with their vast experience. At 77 years young. God bless his desire to continue to serve the citizens. It is still "We the people". Have the Politicians forgot?

• Draped_badge_max50

184retired

PI INvestigator....I don't appreciate what you wrote me in my private email...Your an idiot if you want to keep your ignorance on the boards thats fine...keep it the hell ot of my personal email...If you want to argue gvt conspiracies on 9/11 I'll argue all day long...But for now I have to work...So it will have to wait till after about 6:30 depending on how much pain I am in and if I want to look at the computer after I am done working...But your ignorant...And keep it to yourself...Remember I have the shield by my name you don't I was a real cop not a PI wanna be

• Snoopy_6_max50

Jonas

Way to go Sheriff Joe!!!

• Iii_max50

ill_taze_u_bro

Sheriff Joe is an all around good guy. He refuses to steal the spotlight from the vice president, of which I am sure that he could easily do. Forget Joe the plumber, vote for Joe the sheriff!!

• Car_004_max50

copper380

2026 Comments

Oh, I agree with the others, you are a Az Sheriff with national support, I would love to see the oval office in your future. The right person would cause the silent majority to be heard and Joe could be the man to do it!!

• Car_004_max50

copper380

2026 Comments

Go for it Joe, and I say go ahead and make the announcement, why worry about Biden, nobody I know cares about what he has to say, on with the real news, GO JOE!!

Snoopy_6_max30
Jonas is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 5 minutes ago.
Snoopy_6_max30
Jonas submitted the article: "Sylmar Couple Charged With Human Trafficking, Slavery Inv...", 12 minutes ago.
Snoopy_6_max30
Jonas submitted the article: "Task force nabs NY fugitives in Rhode Island", 16 minutes ago.
Snoopy_6_max30
Jonas submitted the article: "Man robs bank in 'I Have Issues' shirt", 18 minutes ago.