Off-Duty Officer Killed in Motorcycle Wreck
San Antonio Express-News via YellowBrix
April 19, 2010
An off-duty officer with the Northeast Side Independent School District was killed in a motorcycle accident on the city’s South Side around noon today, police reported.
Police believe that Joseph Diaz, 63, had just finished a funeral escort and was traveling north in the 5300 block of Presa Street near Hot Wells Boulevard hen he lost control of his motorcycle, fell onto the roadway and was struck by a passing vehicle. Police said they are still investigating the possibility weather was a factor in the accident.
The man was transported to Brooke Army Medical Center where he died a short time later, police said. Alcohol is not believed to be a factor in the accident and the driver of the vehicle that ran over the victim is not expected to face charges, police said.
Today’s Top News:
- Bloods and Crips Alliance In Plot to Kill Cops Discovered
- Exmore, VA Police Chief Dies in Single-vehicle Crash
- Ohio Only State to Meet Federal Adam Walsh Requirements
- Minnesota Officer Wounded in Fatal Shooting is Identified
- Boxer Edwin Valero Found Dead in Jail
- Gun-rights Advocates Will Hold Rally Today in Washington, D.C.