News >> Browse Articles >> Off Beat

Man Arrested for Driving with Pants Down, Blames Doughnut

The Patriot-News via YellowBrix

January 26, 2010

When state police questioned David F. Line about a report from a truck driver who allegedly saw Line driving on Interstate 81 in Silver Spring Township, Cumberland County, with his pants around his ankles and without both hands on the steering wheel, Line had an explanation.

According to court documents, Line, 49, of Doubling Gap Road in Newville, told police he had been eating a cream-filled doughnut and some of the filling had fallen on his pants. He pulled them down so he could clean himself, Line said, according to court documents. The truck driver saw his private parts because he was wearing loose-fitting underwear, Line said, according to court documents.

Nonetheless, state police charged Line with open lewdness and disorderly conduct. Line will receive a summons to appear in court to answer those charges. No hearing date has been set.

• Th_detective_max50

Retleo

Musta been playing :Ring Toss" with that Doughnut", don't wanna know how it got cream filled!

• Warrior_knight_max50

357magnum

That don't look like cream filling on the pants.

• Cars---mater-02_max50

chrissanders

If he dropped cream filling ON his pants, why would he need to pull them to his ankles while driving down the road to clean them. Doesn't sound right to me. FUNNY!!!

• Car6_max50

Ahi

1990 Comments

ha ha, that's funny

wb4gad

they just said it was HIS excuse, not a good one...but you guys are cracking me up at 7:00 a.m.
    thanks for your take on his excuses maybe this will show up on C.O.P.S.! (I doubt it!!)
    ..The best one so far is that one member said it was just a way he could take
    up to 12 donuts with him... so his hands would be free to drive safely! sure! sure! sure!
    ha ha ha!

• 450312-r1-12-12_013_max50

BillJ

Don't think I can take this one, are they sure it wasn't really Obama in disguise?

bluebrother

Them dam doughnuts will get you every time.

• Usmc_eg_a_max50

Chasinya

This has got to be somehow related to the "Twinkie" defense because I'm sure the trucker, although he may not want to admit it, saw his twinkie but no donut. As funny as this may sound, I'm thinking that twinkie manipulation is even more distracting than texting so therefore, should be outlawed while behind the wheel. And for the officer who stops him, I wouldn't let him use your pen to sign the ticket!

• Photo_user_banned_big

postal1

I can get twelve donuts at one time, great for long trips.......

Flatbush

I would like to see the Judge's face when he explain's this in Court!

• 018_max50

semicrazy1

LMAo..! Get real! As a truck driver,I can personally attest that a donut is not what this dude was all about. unfortunately this is an all too often thing and I've even had some honk their horns to get drivers to look in on them....both male and female exhititionists....btw,my anatomy is better than most I've been flashed by..LOL

• Chris_and_i_in_uniform_max50

JP503

So was it a long john supplied by himself? I see stupid people

• Anonymous-killer-whale-232189_1__max50

Whalewatcher

Stop it, folks, you're killing me !!! LOL

• 1asteriskshield_ezr_max50

ajsdaddyBPD

Idiotic for sure. Hope nobody EVER takes one of this guy's "special" glazed doughnuts.....................ew.

• Police_link_badge_max50

HEYSARGE

Very Funny

Academyrun_014_max30
pdyer is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 28 minutes ago.
Academyrun_014_max30
pdyer is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 28 minutes ago.
Academyrun_014_max30
pdyer is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 28 minutes ago.
Academyrun_014_max30
pdyer is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 28 minutes ago.