News >> Browse Articles >> Law Enforcement News

Police Still Searching for Missing 4-Year Old Boy

Police Still Searching for Missing 4-Year Old Boy

Associated Press

December 18, 2009

NEWBURGH, N.Y. — Officers in upstate New York are pressing their search for a 4-year-old boy who police say wandered away from the family apartment while under the care of his mom’s boyfriend.

Police say Marc Anthony Bookal vanished from the Newburgh apartment Monday. They’ve been using dogs and dive teams have been checking the nearby Hudson River but on Thursday reported no new information in the case.

Cory Byrd, the boyfriend of Marc’s mother, has been charged with endangering the welfare of a child. The 30-year-old Byrd also was charged with a parole violation. He’s being held in Orange County Jail.

Police haven’t called Byrd a suspect in the boy’s disappearance.

Newburgh is about 60 miles north of New York City and has one of the highest crime rates in the state.

• Pot_luck_at_work_max50

Omarra67

xcopper3 you're right. I've had one of my kids leave my apartment when he was really little. I put a chain lock high up on the door because he could reach the doorknob locks, but he just yanked it out of the wall. I called him Houdini because it seemed he could escape anything! Thankfully I always found him safe. But it's scary and believe me, I was as diligent as humanly possible in watching my kids. They get away sometimes. They just do.

• Telecommunicator_rusch_max50

PGPD911

Yeah, he wandered away from his mother's boyfriend. Poor little soul, hope he's better off wherever he "wandered" to...

• Divas_missy_tina_max50

tamra

with the frigid cold temperatures time for a successful search is running out. I can hope and pray the child went somewhere to hide from the maniac and lost his way. but w/the creep not talking, no way of knowing what really happened. and the mother actually defended this creep.

if we're lucky, someone swiped the child from the mother & her creepy boyfriend and is keeping the child safe.

I hope that they find this littel guy soon!

• Cot_max50

hbg522

something just aint right

• Anonymous-killer-whale-232189_1__max50

Whalewatcher

I hope they find the little boy, alive and well, soon !! If they don't find him alive, look real hard at the boyfriend, folks. I'll give you long odds on big money he's involved !!!

• Apr11_0004a_max50

Conyers1

Well we all know this scumbag will soon become a person of ENTREST! This just smells bad, PAROLEE=SUSPECT!

• Draped_badge_max50

184retired

I have picked up kids that make their way out of the house a number of times...Some of them are escape artists..We had an officers son wander out both he and his wife were home and the other kids..He was there one minute gone the next..Put out a huge search for him found him in the water the next day...This is so sad to hear...When you have little kids put a latch lock on the door up high so they can't get out...May be innocet may not be,,,but I fear the ending is going to be the same either way..Poor little guy I pray he is alive...

• Snoopy_6_max50

Jonas

How freakin smart is that, MOM! You left a parolee with your son?

• Image_max50

usa_24

I feel sorry for this little boy. I hope they find him alive. That child's mother needs to find what brain she has. You never leave your child with a parole.

• Ribbon_max50

mkiprotection

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

• Sparkle_girl_max50

Katz

This doesn't sound good...to many boyfriends have beaten or killed the girlfriends kid...and he was in violation of parole? She needs her behind kicked to leave her kid with a felon! I just get so angry when I read crap like this, poor little kid, God I pray he is ok!

• Fallenherobadge-3-1_max160_max50

TR326

Poor little guy. Prayers out to him. I hope they find him alive and in good health, soon.

Who in the hell leaves their kid with a boyfriend who is on parole. WTF?!

• Funny_pictures_56616_max50

DarkBlue

Something stinks ...............Like a Fowl Byrd.

veronica3

i feel sad that the baby boy is goned missing from his home. but i also think they should do investigation on the boyfriend

Gods_team_max30
IowaNinersFan gave a thumbs down to The Article "N. Carolina - Officer killed in crash with NCDOT truck", 20 minutes ago.
Img_20131002_173236_max30
enya94 gave a thumbs up to The Post "Hi", 25 minutes ago.
Patch_max30
SE851 gave a thumbs down to The Article "Boy shoots father to protect family during domestic dispute", 30 minutes ago.