Please review these FAQs for answers to the most commonly asked questions. Contact information for asking additional questions or to report technical problems is available on the bottom of this page.
Yes. By integrating with Monster.com, PoliceLink will be able to provide you with personalized job search and career tools as well as a single location where you can edit your Monster and PoliceLink career profiles. As part of this effort, you will have to create an account on Monster.
Yes. By integrating with Monster.com PoliceLink will be able to provide you with personalized job search and career tools as well as a single location where you can edit your Monster and PoliceLink career profiles. As part of this effort, you will have to integrate your Moster and PoliceLink accounts.
To edit your PoliceLink profile, click on the “My Profile” link in the upper right- hand corner of the page, and click on “edit” on any of the fields you wish to change.
To edit your Monster.com profile information, click the “edit” next to the “Monster Professional Information” section of your PoliceLink page. This information is shared between the sites., and any edits made there will change the information in your Monster profile.
- Click the My Account tab.
- Go to the Privacy & Content section.
- You'll find the options to make your first & last name, birthday, relationship status, work experience, education experience, personal information, tags and comment wall available to ‘me’ (private), ‘my friends’ or ‘everyone’ (public).
- Click Submit to save.
- Go to your PoliceLink profile
- Click the “Edit” link to the right of your name
- Change your username in the “Login” field
- Go to your PoliceLink profile
- Click on the "My Account" tab
- Click on "Cancel Account" and follow the instructions
- Please note that canceling an account is permanent. It is not possible to restore an account once it is closed. We hope you will reconsider canceling your account and continue to take advantage of all of the benefits PoliceLink has to offer.
If you’ve already signed up, click on the ADD FRIEND button. Import from your Y! or AOL address book or invite friends one-by-one using their email addresses. You can also invite other members you find on PoliceLink to be your friend and join your network.
- Follow the instructions for making your profile private in Question 4.
- Check or uncheck the appropriate boxes in the under the subhead Subscriptions to subscribe or unsubscribe from the various PoliceLink mailings.
Click “Here” then go through subsequent steps to unsubscribe.
- You must have the latest version of Flash Player installed as a plugin in your web browser in order to watch videos on PoliceLink.
- You can download the latest version of Flash Player from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
- Follow the instructions for updating your profile in Question 3.
- You can have your forgotten password e-mailed to you at anytime by clicking on the "Forgot Password?" link in the login screen
- Alternatively, you can use this link to have your password e-mailed to you.
- Click on the My Account tab.
- At the bottom of the My Account page there is a Cancel Account section. Click on Cancel Account to open up the section. Click on Cancel Membership.
- If you are positive you want to cancel your account, click OK on the message that asks: Are you sure you want to cancel your account? This is a permanent action and cannot be undone.
When you cancel your Monster account, your community accounts will also be canceled.
If your question is not answered above, please send an email to info@PoliceLink.com stating your problem as fully and clearly as possible.
In your email please include:
- Your Operating System (ex: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS X, etc.)
- Your Browser version (ex: Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 2.0, etc.)
- The address where the problem occurred (ex: http://www.PoliceLink.com/education)
- A description of the problem