Education >> Browse Articles >> Degree Profiles

Degrees in Homeland Security

Degrees in Homeland Security

PoliceLink

Concentrations and degrees in Homeland Security are a new concept within academia. Since 9/11, the federal government has heavily invested in helping community colleges, four-year institutions, and postgraduate schools create Homeland Security curriculum.

Homeland Security is now one of the hottest government careers, with thousands of jobs available in the:

• US Department of Homeland Security

• US Department of Defense

• US Department of State

• Local and state-level departments of emergency preparedness

As opposed to Criminal Justice degrees, which focus on traditional cause and effects of crime, Homeland Security focuses primarily on topics related to emergency preparedeness, counterterrorism, and international studies and policies. Other courses that are not traditionally affiliated with law enforcement, such as biotechnology and political science, are also incorporated.

In addition to traditional B.S. degrees in Homeland Security, many schools also offer certificate programs and even postgraduate degrees. Schools that don’t offer a major in Homeland Security may offer a minor or concentration in conjunction with another major, such as Political Science or Computer Science / Network Security.

PoliceLink Degree Center

• Photo_user_banned_big

alice2012

The article commences from the types of culture differences [b][url=http://www.marcjacobs-online.com]Marc Jacobs[/url][/b], then it explains the impacts of [url=http://www.marcjacobs-online.com]Marc Jacobs bags [/url]these culture differences on international business negotiation [url=http://www.marcjacobs-online.com]Marc Jacobs handbags[/url] and finally it analyzes [b][url=http://www.marcjacobs-online.com]Marc by Marc Jacobs[/url][/b] how to deal with the problem of the cultural differences correctly [b][url=http://www.marcjacobs-online.com]Marc by Marc Jacobs handbags[/url][/b] in negotiation process.

• Canaan_shep_fb_pic_max50

canaan

interested in border patrol any where in usa

lisa1967

I'm looking at going back to school for homeland security. I have a job offer with tsa so that's a start. If anyone has any ideas about the best schools to look for please let me know. I started at rassmusen school for crimminal justice.

• Profile_max50

bradleywdeacon

I agree with skenniff as I am at AMU doing a Masters in National Security whilst i live in Australia, I am a former Federal Agent and now an Attorney and with 4 degrees this is the best by far. Refer my Linkedin profile to see my qualifications and you will see that I have completed a few and again AMU is outstanding.

• Johnette_02142007_face_b_max50

MsVanDien

I'm pursuing a Masters in Public Administration with a Concentration in Emergency management on line via Jacksonville State Univ, Jacksonville, AL. It is very affordable and although I do like the traditional face to face classes, the on line class does offer the flexibility I need at this time.

• Keke_and_nia_max50

Merkesha

I'm enrolled at University of Phoenix they have campuses everywhere and you can go on line. I'm obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Organizational Security and Management. Great and informative degree program

skenniff

If you want a PHENOMENAL school - check out American Public University/American Military University. It is exclusively online. They have a heavy concentration on intelligence/Homeland Security studies. I am currenly attending, working on a degree on Criminal Intelligence. Their per credit hour costs are low and undergrads get a book scholarship so no costs involved for text books. I would HIGHLY recommend this school as all of the professors are actively working in their respective fields. Check it out!

• Stand_alone_max50

shane123

I wish there was a campus closer to me. I wouldn't mind pursuing this type of degree

BLUEOFWATER

I'M HEADED THAT WAY SOME DAY............SOON

• Thm_thm_phpyxgxhh_max50

SunAngel1411

Very impressive! Certainly an angle I am interested in learning more about!