Education >> Browse Articles >> Education in Law Enforcement

Answers to the "Do You Know Your 10-Codes?" Quiz

Answers to the "Do You Know Your 10-Codes?" Quiz

PoliceLink

PoliceLink created the quiz Do You Know Your 10-Codes? to test your knowledge about popular 10-Codes as provided by the Association of Public Communications Officers (APCO). Find out which you got wrong or right by checking out the correct answers on the following pages.

Don’t cheat! If you haven’t tested yourself first, go take the quiz! See answers on the next page…

Get the Quiz Answers >>>

• Eagle_line_sticker_web05-300_max50

robleonard140

about 1 year ago

hmm

• 002_max50

KMueller

need to learn better !! Hard for non LEO

• Sfa_iv_max50

revCCBeasley

Either I have been in the wrong state(s) or maybe the wrong zip...I know they vary, but my ...Back to the basics I go.

• Nativity_with_cross_max50

FloEW

Of course the ones I REALLY knew were not on the quiz... but then they do vary from one area to the next.

• Gbadge_max50

DallasCo417

some of the codes are universal..

• Gbadge_max50

DallasCo417

well, they vary from one agency to another... of course i sucked in the score

• Different_mourning_badge_max50

larryt700

You must understand that these codes vary from state to state and from area to area. I haven't used 10 codes since I worked in Georgia but even then, the codes varied from city to city and state to state....

• Hockey_polar_bears_max50

woofy

if everyone used the same codes it would make things a lot easer

LawDawg10

I thought 10 codes were to be replaced by common language. Since different jurisdiction have different meanings using 10 codes could be confusing.

• Cgiaspin_max50

Solo918S

10-999

NOO N DETROIT OK R YES IS 14 ND SUM1 ARRESTED IS 9300..BUT WE KEEP MOSTLY EVERTHING ENGLISH LETS B SERIOUS

• Shield_max50

RANGER_ONE_TX

10-4

• Photo_user_banned_big

MrBailey911

10 codes are veryy unnecessary. Thats the only thing i fear about being a cop. Is not remembering all the codes. They kind of blame the use of the 10 codes because the radios could short out while they are talking. I have a police scanner. The radios never sound or seem messed up. They wont skip or anything. I mean seriously. Lets just speak english!!!!

• Dsc00181_max50

avg_guy

My dept (LASD) is old-school. We have so many radio codes. I doubt there's another department with more!

• Mikestingrayclear_max50

seerious

Ten-Codes need to go Bye-Bye, or 10-7, or 10-19 or ??? i changed departments, found myself in a violent domestic, and called it out...unlucky for me what i called out was a DV at my old job, and a CAR ACCIDENT at my new one...people knew my location was on the boardwalk, so they guessed there was no car accident, but it pointed out to me how ridiculous it is to hold onto something antiquated and confusing...at the academy we're huge proponents of Plain English, for it minimizes confusion under stress and it's not like the bad guys don't know when you're calling for a little back up...Stay Safe all...

Save time in your search for a degree program. Use PoliceLink's School Finder to locate schools online and in your area.

Bodysurfing_max30
MarlyB posted in: "GOOOOOD MORNING POLICELINK!!!", 6 minutes ago.
Quickley-b240_max30
bill9823 gave a thumbs up to The Post "Just Thinking.....", 12 minutes ago.
Bodysurfing_max30
MarlyB posted in: "Just Thinking.....", 13 minutes ago.
Photo_00002_max30
Recondo99 commented on: "James Hallgrimson", about 2 hours ago.
Photo_user_banned_big
fiyanukub posted: "arguably the best", about 3 hours ago.