Request LEO Verification on PoliceLink
The purpose of PoliceLink’s LEO-only forums is to provide verified active and retired law enforcement personnel with a secure location to discuss police-sensitive topics and to network with other members who are confirmed law enforcement officers.
1. Who can access the restricted areas?
PoliceLink members with the following status are eligible to request access to restricted areas:
- Active or retired local, state, federal, tribal or railroad law enforcement officer
- Active or retired corrections officer, detention officer, jailer, etc.
- Active duty military police
- Any other active duty person who is considered a “peace officer” under their state’s laws
- Former (non-retired) law enforcement officers who are employed by a government-run law enforcement academy
- Under extremely limited circumstances, other former law enforcement personnel who demonstrate a compelling need
2. Who is not eligible for requesting access?
Non-sworn personnel of any type are not eligible to request restricted access. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Dispatchers, crossing guards, and other civilian police employees
- TSA screeners and non-sworn TSA employees
- Security officers
- Employees of private corrections agencies or private prisons
3. How do I request access to restricted areas?
If you meet the criteria in Section 1, click here to request access to the restricted areas.
This symbol appears on profiles of verified law enforcement officers and verified forums.
4. How will others know I am a verified law enforcement officer?
Once your request is approved, a gold star will be added to your profile and will appear next to all of your discussion postings and comments throughout the site.
5. How do I know which forums and discussions are restricted?
The same gold star that appears on your profile will also appear next to any forums, discussions, or groups that are restricted to LEOs.
6. I see discussion postings in restricted areas by non-LEOs. How did that happen?
Prior to September 18, 2008, all discussion boards were open to the public. Several of these public boards were converted to LEO-only boards at that time. Any discussions or postings that previously existed in the converted boards were not removed and will remain, however, those who originally made them will not be able to make additional postings in the restricted forums or read any responses to their original post.
7. How do I request verification if I am a retired law enforcement officer?
If you are a retired law enforcement, or do not have a department email address, you can submit your request for LEO verification by downloading faxing in this request form.