Top Things to Know with Saving for College
1. Saving for your own retirement is more important than saving for college.
2. The sooner you start saving, the better.
3. Stocks are best for your college savings portfolio.
4. You don’t have to save the entire cost of four years of college.
5. With mutual funds, investing for college is simple.
6. 529 savings plans are a good way to save for college and they offer great tax breaks.
7. Tax breaks are almost as good as grants.
8. The approval process for college loans is more lenient than for other loans.
9. Lenders can be flexible when it’s time to repay.
10. Taxpayers with student loans get a tax break.