Premium Content for Members Only

Become a Cop >> Browse Articles >> 10 Steps to Joining the Force

Step 5: Get Ready for the Exams

Step 5: Get Ready for the Exams

There are many companies out there that offer study guides for generic law enforcement exams. If the recruiter you spoke to recommended one over another – buy it and study it from cover to cover. The exam is often times your key into the rest of the application process. Do good, because if you’re applying with multiple agencies, you can expect that your results will be shared amongst the recruiters. Here are some more study tips for you:

ojidbs55

Thanks for the tips and advice. From someone that have taken and passed the test, I can say that this article is dead on. If you are looking for a comprehensive study guide that will help you prepare for the test, I suggest visiting http://passthepoliceexam.com ... That's probably the best study guide online. It's more detailed with tons of sample questions. Good Luck.

• Photo_user_banned_big

couponsx

I'm getting ready to take my exam, does anyone have any advice? What should I really be studying? math, problem solving or ??
    coupons for bed bath and beyond

zhughesmurphy27

i have narcolepsy, a undermined condition in which i suffer from "sleep attacks" . these sleep attacks are unrepressable and convey an overwhelming urge to fall asleep. Narcolepsy has no cure, but i take meds to help keep me awake. i do not have narcolepsy as bad as others, my sleep attacks happen usually when im relaxed or not actively doing something. i was wondering if it was even possible to become an officer. i want to become a K-9 unit officer, but the local dmv wont even let me have a drivers license because of my condition. I believe i should be allowed to drive, i dont fall asleep while walking like some others with narcolepsy do. i can handle it just like i believe i could handle being an officer. So anyone with any feedback on my situation would be greatly appreciated.

mycreation

Is there anyone here that has taken the charlotte, nc test yet?

• Me_max50

lemmonw

I take my test in 3 weeks! study study.

• Photo_user_banned_big

sunlight564

I'm glad I got to the ride along with an office.

LeBerth_mp

Hey Everyone! I am new to this site and just wanted to drop in and say Thank You for the Advice. I take my written test tonight. So wish me luck!! I have been studying everyday for the past 2 weeks so hopefully I'm ready.

cathurston

I was in the Marines for 7 years. My primary m.o.s (job), was a Military Policeman. During these years I aquired some tattoos, one of a bulldog on R forearm, and a dragon on L forearm. Do ALL departments have or stick to the tattoo policy of 6" below upper portion of arm?

ilnam

10,000 people took the Chicago test in December! There wasn't much you could prepare for since it's wasn't much of an aptitude test..

nitesi

This is in regards to study for the exam. Several years ago they gave the tests for Denver police dept.
    They had over 2500 people apply. Wow. Little did they know that there was only three openings. And if you scored lower than 98% on the exam. You got the thanks but no thanks letter, if you got one at all. SO STUDY HARD< AND DO GOOD!

sealz

i was wondering if anyone knows where i could get good information about the police test without having to purchase something ? i am very low on cash and cannot afford these

jimmy1963

i am very interested in pursuing a career in law enforcment i am 45 yrs old and in extreamly good shape. i live in the state of florida and i am wondering is it possable for a man my age to begin a career as a police officer.

ddreiter

i am living in hawaii. and the requirements to become a people officer do not seem that difficult. but im just wondering what the real steps are to becoming a police officer in hawaii are. whether that is to go to school first and then finish the other steps. or do i take the exam and then go to the academy? i would just like everything to be very clear so i know what i need to do in order to make this dream come true.

• Angus_young_live_max50

Colossus

Im trying to figure how to get this cop career on a kick off

• Imagejpeg9529502_max50

tjliddell

japelaez, Call your local dept and ask them.. Some do and some don't.

Oalfaro posted: "LAPD Application", 11 minutes ago.
Oalfaro posted in: "LAPD Application", 11 minutes ago.
Patch_max30
SE851 commented on: "MarlyB", 12 minutes ago.
Patch_max30
SE851 commented on: "MarlyB", 25 minutes ago.