Premium Content for Members Only

Become a Cop >> Browse Articles >> 10 Steps to Joining the Force

Step 6: Prepare For Your Background Check

Step 6: Prepare For Your Background Check

The background check may be the most invasive experience you’ve had in your life. Everything about you will be checked out. Your character, your finances, your driving and criminal records. There information here will help you prepare for the background investigation:

Be honest and upfront

Tell your friends and family

The pol...

AnthonyJR

9 months ago

I have a question. on the polygraph test its says have you ever stolen anything. well my friend let me borrow a pencil an i never returned it is that considered stealing?

Ryan89McG

over 1 year ago

I have a friend who has an absolute clean record. Only thing on his "record" would be a speeding ticket. That's it. But he was once addicted to pain killers, and went to rehab and got clean. Because of his addiction, though, he has a little bit of debt. Would these two things prevent him from bring a cop? If so, it's a crying shame, because he'd make a damn good one.

• Pp_max50

BlkQbano78

I see a bunch of questions below but no answers. Are the questions below ever answered??????

yeahforever

There is nothing to worry about background checks if you know you are doing nothing wrong and you don't have anything to hide.

Boston Market Coupons

yeahforever

Boston Market Coupons

ShifulAlam

The information regarding the background check is very useful, especially for those people who want to be a police officer. In such cases, people should always be honest and upfront. In this article, I find it more logically.
    Boston Market Coupons

Llily

Thank you for the tips. There should not be any issue with the background check when you are living an honest life.

Wholesale Beads

• Photo_user_banned_big

couponsx

Hey Jamey it is true. I have been testing for two years now and now alot of agencies have come up with this new personal history questionaire, It saves time in the long run for the department. i have admitted to stuff in my past(over 20 years ago) Nothing I got caught for but just admitted to be honest and I still got denied. So my suggestion is if its not on paper you didn;t do it and that's straight out of most recruiters mouths . I hope I don;t offend anyone but that's the truth. FYI though I am still testing to this day.
    bed bath and beyond coupons

bluebully

Is a class c misdemeanor a problem

Bump tjobrien

• Greensboroskyline_max50

tjobrien

To the people applying to be a LEO for the money and perks and whatnot. Please, for all that is good and holy, stop throwing your application in there. There are many people like myself who actually LOVE law enforcement and want to police officers. I'm reading far too much of people looking into law enforcement for the wrong reasons.

• 022200_max50

weeknee

As outlined in the book of Philemon in the good book, there is an aching in my groin that can only be filled as a police officer

cassie87

there is only one thing wrong with my record.. and that was something from when i was 17. other than that,, its perfect!

• Th_photo5762_max50

Glennberg

I have an extensive history which I am not afraid to talk about, since it is my motivation to help other young people not get caught up. My history involves more open cases than convictions. The range is broad and scary to think about. I am not looking to be a cop, but to work with juveniles and help put them back on the right track. What affect will my past issues cause? Is there any thing I can start doing now to help my career from being halted? cglenntender@yahoo.com

Miamifl

Well i have my first ride along this week, the only thing im worried about is how do i prepare for this polygraph test...... Is there a way to prepare?